Main scientific objective:
New data mining and pattern recognition techniques for large scale information spaces and knowledge orders applied to them (such as collections of libraries, archives and web spaces as Wikipedia, research information systems, bibliographic databases) (O1,2)
Specific objectives, means and methods:
- Analyse the co-evolution of knowledge order systems and the collections where they are applied
- Explore models of knowledge revision to map different knowledge order systems (ontology, thesaurus mapping)
- Apply methods of community detection to collaborative knowledge and information spaces
- Compare historical and current socio-economic databases (e.g., census data)
- Analyse knowledge spaces of the current academic systems (libraries, repositories, archives, research information systems)
- Perform comparative temporal analysis of the evolution of recommendation systems in academia, economy and art (e.g.CiteULike, DeviantArt)
- Analyse the structure of the emerging semantic web through time (RDF graphs)
- Identify main characteristics of new forms of scientific communication (including data reviews, micro-publications etc.)
- Analyse the behavioural patterns that determine di evolution of the knowledge order system, using edit logs, revision histories, and discussion forums associated to the structured content.
- Investigate the relation between behavioural patterns of content generation and the specific nature of the produced content.
Working group leader: Aida SLAVIC, Stefan THURNER
Andreas RAUBER, Sonja SPIRANEC, Birte CHRISTENSEN-DALSGAARD, Lorna WILDGAARD, Santo FORTUNATO, Marija MITROVIC, Marton KARSAI, David CHAVALARIAS, Thomas HUESING, Philipp MAYR, Stefan DIETZE, Panayiota POLYDORATOU, Aspasia TOGIA, Panos ARGYRAKIS, Martin DOERR, Janos KERTESZ, Sorin SOLOMON, Judit BAR-ILAN, Giulia ROTUNDO, Ciro CATTUTO, Alexander PETERSEN, Silvana STEFANI, Orion PENNER, Ilaria PERI, Milena DOBREVA, Almila AKDAG, Veslava OSINSKA, Ana Alice BAPTISTA, Franc ZAKRAJSEK , Petra VIDE OGRIN, Hans Jorgen MARKER, Preben HANSEN, Frank SCHWEITZER, Senka ANASTASOVA, Andrea SCHARNHORST