- This event has passed.
STSM Interdisciplinary Approach to Data Visualization – Veslava Osinka @ University of Amsterdam
March 22, 2014 - March 28, 2014
Work programme of Veslava Osinska
“Show Me the Data” this is a multidisciplinary course devoted to visualization of large datasets at the University of Amsterdam (UvA) in collaboration with the Utrecht Graduate School of Visual Art and Design. The experience of the team of lecturers is extremely important for me, because I’m starting to teach Infovis methods to students of distinct majors. I would like to get familarize with novel educational methodology adressed to a multidisciplinary audience.
During the STSM I plan to:
1. participate in lectures and workshops giving by computer scientists, artificial intelligence researchers, media specialists as
well as by artists;
2. make observation on methodology and explore the overall programme of teaching;
3. take part in the the presentation of final projects with the intend to record event, details and to document the experiences and insights in a report;
4. take part in a panel discussion with professionals on visualization;
5. discuss about cooperation on visualization skills, such as understanding visual representations;
6. explore possibilities for cooperation in the framework of EC funding programmes, such as COST and Erasmus.
Host of this visit:
Marcel Worring, UvA, Multimedia Analytics, see: http://staff.science.uva.nl/~worring/