- This event has passed.
Knowledge Maps and Information Retrieval (KMIR) – workshop at the Digital Libraries 2014
September 11, 2014
Knowledge maps are promising tools for visualizing the structure of large-scale information spaces, but still far away from being applicable for searching. The workshop aims at bringing together experts in IR and knowledge mapping in order to discuss the potential of interactive knowledge maps for information seeking purposes.
Read more about Motivation, Goals, Objectives, Outcome at http://www.gesis.org/en/events/conferences/kmir2014/
See also Call for Papers
Types of Submissions
- Full Papers (6 to 8 pages): Full papers, describing advanced or completed work
- Short Papers (4 pages): Position papers or work in progress
- Poster and Demonstrations (2 pages): Poster and Presentation of systems or prototypes
All submissions must be written in English following the Springer LNCS Author Guidelines (http://www.springer.com/lncs) and should be submitted as PDF files to EasyChair: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=kmir2014.
All submissions will be reviewed by at least two independent reviewers. At least one author per paper needs to register for the workshop and attend the workshop to present the work. In case of no-show the paper (even if accepted) will be deleted from the proceedings AND from the program.
- Submissions: Friday 11th July, 2014
- Notification: Friday 25th July, 2014
- End of Registration: Monday 11th August, 2014
- Camera Ready Contributions: Friday 15th August, 2014
- Workshop: Thursday 11th September, 2014, London (UK)