- This event has passed.
STSM Topological Analysis of Scientific Collaboration
June 28, 2015 - July 3, 2015
Dr Veslava Osinska visits the Computer Engineering Department, Istanbul (TR)
My research focuses on information visualisation contemporary methods and their evaluation from the interdisciplinary perspectives, like: information science, computer science, cognitive science and art and design.
Visiting Bogazici University –the elite school with the history from XiX century – I intend to meet and consult with and experts in information visualisation –
Dr Almila Akdag and in machine learning and pattern recognition– Prof. Albert Ali Salah. During my one week stay I plan to address the following issues:
1. Drawing the methodology of measuring different COST actions mobility and cooperation between researchers (A. Akdag);
2. Look up how image recognition methods can be used in visualisation dynamics evaluation (A. A. Salah);
3. Consulting with scientometrics professionals participationg at the International Society for Informetrics and Scientometrics Conference (ISSI 2015) and practical learning the newest research and applications in this fields.
4. Discussing about criteria can be established for functional both static and dynamic visualisation by graphic designers and illustrators (A. Akdag);
5. Discussing about cognitive methods and artificial intelligence algorithms in engineering education (A. A. Salah).
The current STSM will allow us to share experience, improve educational skills in wider multidisciplinary context as well as to elaborate common projects in future.